2011年11月19日 星期六

Do Bananas Float??

In Chapter 99, when Pi tells his story to Mr.Okamoto and Mr. Chiba, they don't believe it AT ALL! And the first "mistake" they pointed out in Pi's story is the fact that bananas don't float:

     Mr. Okamoto: "Mr.Patel, we don't believe your story."
     "Sorry--these cookies are good but they tend to crumble. I'm amazed. Why not?"
     "It doesn't hold up."
     "What do you mean?"
     "Bananas don't float."
     "I'm sorry?"
     "You said the orang-utan came floating on an island of bananas."
     "That's right."
     "Bananas don't float."
     "Yes, they do."
     "They're too heavy."
     "No, they're not. Here, try for yourself. I have two bananas right here."

Do Bananas float? I'm gonna test it myself:


I prepared bananas and
I fill the tub with water.


















So this is the result of Bananas + tub fill with water


     "And?"
     Mr. Chiba: "Are they floating?"
     [Distantly] "They're floating."
     "So, are they floating?"
     [Distantly] "They're floating."
     "What did I tell you?"

Hahaha!
So they are floating, bananas do float!! How about an orang-utan floating on a bunch of bananas?
x a lot
Well, I think it will work, but it'll just take
a lot of bananas.




Result:  Orange Juice floating on Bananas

4 則留言:

  1. One thing: Should probably be either "Do Bananas float?" or "Does a banana float?". For some reason, even though it's singular, you don't add an S to the verb. Weird.

    Other than that, awesome job! 5/5!

    回覆刪除
  2. Haha~fine! Thanks for pointing out!

    回覆刪除
  3. remember that this happens on the sea and things tend to float more on salty water

    回覆刪除